Founded in 1925, Polskie Radio is Poland’s national, publicly funded radio broadcasting organization. They broadcast music in Polish, as well as in Belarusian, English, German, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian. They have also been compiling Polish music charts since 1982—in an era before there were any commercial sales or airplay rankings—making them a significant record of musical popularity in Poland. Chart archives dating from 1982 are available to the public through the station’s website. In 2008, Polskie Radio’s advertising revenue came to approximately half a billion euros, which accounted for 10 percent of total media advertising revenue. They remain the country’s top public radio broadcaster (Radio Track).
Once a month, SRAS provides a snapshot of the Polish-language music at the top of their charts, with YouTube videos and links to our Polish music site.
1. “Na Prezent” (“The Gift”)—Janek Samołyk
2. “Wojna” (“War”)—Maciek Balcar
3. “Ziarno Prawdy” (“A Grain of Truth”)—Nosowska
4. “Nie Mam Dla Ciebie Milości” (“I Have No Love For You”)—Skubas
5. “Serce Na Patyku” (“Heart on a Stick”)—Piotr Bukartyk